Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Architectural partnership of Bradford, formed between Henry Francis Lockwood and WILLIAM & WILLIAM & amp; RICHARD MAWSON RICHARD MAWSON , for whom see Directory of British Architects 1834-1914 (RIBA 2001), II, 64, 153-4. Although the Irish Builder announced on 1 June 1878(1) that 'Lockwood & Mawson' were the winners of the Dublin South City Markets competition, the partnership had actually come to an end some four years earlier, when Lockwood moved to London. Lockwood died in July 1878, and the design for the markets is subsequently ascribed to the Mawsons alone.



References



(1) IB 20, 1,8 Jun 1878, 167; B 36, 1,8 Jun 554,605; Architect 19, 1 Jun 1878, 334; 21, 19 Apr 1879, 240.