- Born: - Died: -
William Larkin was admitted to the Dublin Society's School of Drawing in Architecture on 3 November 1783 and was awarded a premium on 30 November 1786. He may be the same person as the William Larkin who was a leading surveyor in Ireland in the first quarter of the nineteenth century. The latter was on the staff Major Alexander Taylor, inspector of designs and surveys of post roads, and produced county maps of Meath (1817), Waterford (1817), Galway (1819) and Leitrim (1819). His pupils and assistants included JAMES CLARKE .
(1) MS. transcript from Royal Dublin Society minutes of School of Architectural Drawing admissions and prizewinners (in IAA).
(2) For references to William Larkin the surveyor, see J.H. Andrews, Plantation Acres (Ulster Historical Foundation, 1985), 200, 201, 350, 351, 356-7, 364; see also Sarah Bendall, ed., Dictionary of Land Surveyors and Local Map-Makers of Great Britain and Ireland 1530-1850 (2nd edition, 1997), II, 246.