Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Engineer, of Tipperary. James Kirby studied engineering at University College, Dublin, and obtained the BE degree in 1917. He was in practice in Tipperary from 1933 or earlier until 1956 or later.

ICEI: elected associate member, 1 December 1930;(1) transferred to member, 7 November 1932.(2)

Addresses: Church St, Tipperary, <=1933->=1956; Fairview, Abbeyville Rd, Portlaoise, 1958; 9 Templemore Avenue, Rathgar, Dublin, 1960.

See WORKS.



References

All information in this entry not otherwise accounted for is from lists of ICEI members in Thom's directories.

(1) TICEI 57 (1930-31), 22..
(2) TICEI 59 (1932-33), 34.


1 work entries listed in chronological order for KIRBY, JAMES


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. LIMERICK, LIMERICK, O'CONNELL STREET, NO. 105 (JOHN RYAN)
Date: 1923
Nature: New shop front etc. Tenders invited.
Refs: IB 65, 10 Mar 1923, 177