Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Builder, of 47 Cuffe Street, Dublin, listed as such in Wilson's Dublin Directory for the years 1835 to 1837 and in the Post Office Dublin Directory for 1839 and 1844. Possibly a son of THOMAS KEARNS. A C THOMAS KEARNS. A C hristopher Kearns was admitted to the Dublin Society's School of Drawing in Architecture on 14 June 1814. Other persons of the same surname who attended the School were Barnaby Kearns, admitted 5 April 1781, Charles Kearns, admitted 1 August 1782 and James Kearns admitted 5 November 1789.(1)



References



(1) MS. transcript from Royal Dublin Society minutes of School of Architectural Drawing admissions and prizewinners (in IAA).