Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Architectural partnership, of 22 George's Street, Cork, formed between HENRY HILL  HENRY HILL and his son ARTHUR HILL  ARTHUR HILL in 1869 or the early 1870s.(1) The partnership ended with Henry Hill's death in 1887. For the purposes of this database all works by the partnership are listed under Henry Hill, unless there is specific evidence to the contrary.





References



(1) A design for Park House, Co. Cork, by 'Henry Hill & A. Hill, archts.' is in IB 11, 1 Dec 1869, 275; according to Henry Hill's obituary of his father in RIBAJ 28, (1920-21), 300, the partnership was formed 'in the early seventies'.


1 work entries listed in chronological order for HILL, HENRY, & ARTHUR


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. KERRY, MILLTOWN, KILCOLMAN (OR KILCOLEMAN) GLEBE HOUSE
Date: 1876
Nature: Proposed alterations to house of 1820ca. Not carried out (apart from bay window on N front).
Refs: Elevation and plans, signed and dated 4 Apr 1876, in possession of Trevor Giles, Milltown, May 2011 (photographs in IAA, courtesy of Hugh Campbell, Tralee, Co. Kerry, May 2011).