Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Architectural partnership, of 22 George's Street, Cork, formed between ARTHUR HILL  ARTHUR HILL and his elder son, HENRY HOUGHTON HILL  HENRY HOUGHTON HILL in 1909. Arthur Hill retired from the practice in 1917 after suffering a severe paralytic seizure, but the firm continued under the same name until his death in 1921.

For the purposes of this database all works by the firm between 1909 and 1907 are listed under Arthur Hill, unless there is specific evidence to the contrary, and all works between 1918 and 1921 under Henry Houghton Hill.




2 work entries listed in chronological order for HILL, ARTHUR, & HENRY H.


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. CORK, CORK, JOHN REDMOND STREET, NORTH CHARITABLE INFIRMARY
Date: 1913
Nature: Dental hospital and extern department. Contractor: John Delany & Son. Estimated cost £2,750.
Refs: IAA, PKS 0955, B22/01, A09 (Apr 1913); IB 55, 24 May 1913, 352

Building: CO. ANTRIM, BELFAST, STRANMILLIS ROAD, BELFAST MUNICIPAL MUSEUM & ART GALLERY
Date: 1914
Nature: Competition entrants, awarded a distinction. Assessor: John James Burnet. Write to builder complaining about way competition was judged.
Refs: IB 56, 9 May 1914, 292; B 107, 3 Jul 1914, 11(illus.)