Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Architectural partnership, of Dublin, formed by GEORGE CARLISLE HENDERSON  GEORGE CARLISLE HENDERSON and ALBERT EDWARD MURRAY ALBERT EDWARD MURRAY , who practised together, first from 64 Sackville Street Upper and then from 37 Dawson Street, from circa 1873 to circa 1878. They exhibited a design for a parish church at the Royal Hibernian Academy in 1875 (no. 235).  They were surveyors to the Brunswick Benefit Building Society, which was incorporated in 1878.(1)



References



(1) Freeman's Journal, 23 May 1878.


3 work entries listed in chronological order for HENDERSON & MURRAY


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. MONAGHAN, ANNAGHMAKERRIG (CLONES)
Date: 1873p?
Nature: Tudor Revival remodelling and enlargement of existing house; farmyard..
Refs: Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 79-80,Pl.98.

Building: CO. MONAGHAN, AGHABOG, CHURCH (CI)
Date: 1875
Nature: New church for 150 persons consecrated 24 May 1875 by Bishop of Kilmore. Early English. Builder: John Maguire, Newtownbutler. £15,000.
Refs: IB 17, 1 Jun 1875, 154; illus. in Clergy of Clogher (Ulster Historical Foundation, 2006), Part 1, 13;  Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 498.

Building: CO. DERRY, MONEYSTAGHAN, HIBERNIAN HALL
Date: 1922
Nature: -
Refs: IB 54, 13 Apr 1922, 227