Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Engineer, active from the 1920s until the 1970s. Patrick Michael Barnard studied engineering at University College, Dublin, and was awarded the BE degree in 1928.(1) He was an engineer on the staff of Tipperary North Riding County Council, before becoming chief assistant county engineer of Sligo. He was appointed deputy county engineer of West Cork in 1948(2) and subsequently county engineer for Co. Carlow.(3) He retired in June 1972.(4)

ICEI: associate member, 1931;(5) member, 1940.(6)
IMunE: member.

Address: Ballymote, Co. Sligo, 1946.(7)

See WORKS.



References



(1) University College Dublin: Register of Graduates (1946), 3.
(2) IB 90, 6 Mar 1948, 172;
(3) O'Donoghue.
(4) O'Donoghue.
(5) TICEI 58 (1932), 2;
(6) TICEI 67 (1940-41), 50.
(7) See note 1, above.


1 work entries listed in chronological order for BARNARD, PATRICK MICHAEL


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. TIPPERARY, BORRISOKANE, TECHNICAL SCHOOLS
Date: 1942
Nature: Repairs & alterations
Refs: IB 84, 3 Jan 1942, 14