Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Builder, of South Main Street, Bandon, listed as such in Pigot & Co.'s City of Dublin and Hibernian Provincial Directory (1824), 223. Possibly the same person as the William Hamilton of Cork who has been suggested as the architect of the Church of Ireland church at Dunderrow, Co. Cork, consecrated in 1812.(1)



References



(1) JCHAS (1903), 170.


1 work entries listed in chronological order for HAMILTON, WILLIAM *


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. CORK, DUNDERROW, CHURCH (CI)
Date: 1812a
Nature: New church, consecrated 1812 and costing £461, possibly designed by 'William Hamilton of Cork'. (Church described by Lewis, 1837, as 'a small handsome edifice., with a lofty square tower'.)
Refs: JCHAS (1903), 170