Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Architectural partnership of Derry City, active circa 1861-1863. The identity of the two Frazers has not been established; Ferguson appears to have been JOHN GUY FERGUSON.  JOHN GUY FERGUSON.

Address: Shipquay St, Derry, 1863.(1)

See WORKS.



References



(1) Address given on drawing for alterations to Stranorlar CI Church in RCB 25.


3 work entries listed in chronological order for FRAZER, FERGUSON & FRAZER


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. DERRY, DERRY, GILMOUR'S LANE, NORTH WEST OF ULSTER FEMALE PENITENTIARY
Date: 1861-62
Nature: New, for 30 inmates. Ferguson's design wins competition. FS laid Aug 1862. Red and white brick fa├žade. Builder: Robert Ferguson, Pump St, Derry.
Refs: B 19, 14 Dec 1861, 859; DB 3, 15 Apr 1861, 711; 4, 1 Sep 1862, 224

Building: CO. DONEGAL, MOVILLE, PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Date: 1862
Nature: To be erected to designs of 'Ferguson, Frazer & Ferguson'.
Refs: DB 4, 15 May 1862, 127

Building: CO. DONEGAL, STRANORLAR, CHURCH OF ST JOHN (CI)
Date: 1863-64
Nature: Alts. & enlargement (N & S transepts, chancel, robing room, alts. to windows and W door, gallery) by Frazer, Ferguson & Frazer. Contr: W. (and Matthew?) McClelland.
Refs: Drawing(s) in RCB Library, portfolio 25; General Advertiser, 18 Jun 1864; Alistair Rowan, The Buildings of Ireland: North West Ulster (1979), 497; Clergy of Derry & Raphoe (Ulster Historical Foundation, 1999), Pt 1, 174(illus.);  interior of chancel illus. in Claude Costegalde & Brian Walker, The Church of Ireland: an illustrated history (2013), 175.