Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Architectural partnership formed between JOSEPH FOGERTY [1]  JOSEPH FOGERTY [1] and his son ROBERT FOGERTY  ROBERT FOGERTY in the 1870s.(1)

See WORKS.



References



(1) IB 49, 13 Jul 1907, 487.


5 work entries listed in chronological order for FOGERTY, JOSEPH, & SON


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. LIMERICK, LIMERICK, PERY SQUARE, CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL (CI)
Date: 1877-78
Nature: Improvements, including adding extra stage to tower (not executed?), new forecourt (not executed?), and new chancel incorporating E window designed by James Pain removed from St Mary's Cathedral and reduced in size. Encaustic tiling on chancel floor. Handsome corona presented by Mr Bannatyne, brass lectern by Mr Smallman, oak pulpit by Mr Rivington.  Re-opened 18 Nov 1877. Cost about £200. Architect gave services free. New entrance opened on N side and handsome parapet with railing erected to enclose church site, stained glass by Mayer & Co. representing ten Parables placed in E window, 1878.
Refs: Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 19, no. 220, Jul 1877, 221; no. 225, 1 Dec 1877, 386; 20, no. 236, 1 Nov 1878, 315;  IB 19, 1 Dec 1877, 357; 20, no. 237, 1 Dec 1878, 361.

Building: CO. LIMERICK, LIMERICK, HENRY STREET, THEATRE ROYAL
Date: 1878
Nature: Temporary conversion of theatre into ballroom for ball given by Co. Limerick Club to mark end of the fox-hunting season; 'the theatre, converted into a ballroom for the occasion, presented a coup d'oeil, that was quite fairy-like in its effect on the spectator'.
Refs: Freeman's Journal, 2 Mar 1878.

Building: CO. LIMERICK, WOODSDOWN HOUSE (ANNACOTTY)
Date: 1879
Nature: Erected for A. Bannatyne uder direction of JF & Son.
Refs: Architect 22, 9 Aug 1879, 73(illus.)

Building: CO. LIMERICK, LIMERICK, PERY SQUARE, ST MICHAEL'S SCHOOL
Date: 1882
Nature: Handsome school house being erected for Archdeacon on grounds surrounding church.
Refs: Irish Ecclesiastical Gazette 24, no. 131, 1 Jul 1882, 469.

Building: CO. LIMERICK, LIMERICK, PERY SQUARE, CHURCH OF ST MICHAEL (CI)
Date: 1883
Nature: Mural monument 'of ornate character' in memory of Mrs Purdon Wilkinson. Carried out by C.W. Harrison, Dublin, to design by JF & Son.
Refs: IB 25, 15 Oct 1883, 330