Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Carpenter, of Langrishe Row, 5 Summerhill, Dublin, listed as such in Wilson's Dublin Directory from 1832 until 1835 or later. Patrick Farrell of 'Langrish Place' certified a report on Dublin master carpenters and builders which was compiled in March 1834, stating that he had been in the business for forty six years.(1)



References



(1) Royal Irish Academy, Haliday MS 4B 31;  this manuscript is a copy of a report presented to Daniel O'Connell in 1834 to support the argument for repealing the Act of Union by describing the catastrophic impact the Act had had on the tradesmen of Dublin.