DOOLIN & BUTLER
- Born: - Died: -
Name under which the architectural practice of RUDOLPH MAXIMILIAN BUTLER was known after JAMES LOUIS DONNELLY had left the partnership known as DOOLIN BUTLER & DONNELLY in 1907 or early in 1908.(1) Butler dropped the name Doolin between 1915 and 1917.(2)
Addresses:(3) Dawson Chambers, 12 Dawson Street, 1910; Mansion House Chambers, 27 Dawson Street, 1911-1913; 23 Kildare Street, from 1914.
For works, see works of RUDOLF MAXIMILIAN BUTLER..
(1) Gearoid Crookes, 'The Career and Architectural Works of Walter G. Doolin (1850-1902)', unpublished M.A. thesis, University College Dublin, 1987, 141, states that the partnership ended in 1907; it had certainly done so by April 1908 (IB 50, 4 Apr 1908, 222); although the IAA list of members for the session 1909-1910 still has the two men at the same address.
(2) Thom's Directory, 1915, 1918.
(3) From AAI lists of members.
1 work entries listed in chronological order for DOOLIN & BUTLER
|Building:||CO. DUBLIN, DUBLIN, ?, BOYS' BRIGADE HALL|
|Nature:||Alts. & adds. by Butler for Benvenutus J. Guy, OSFC.|
|Refs:||Printed testimonial from Guy in IAA, Butler Papers, Acc. 85/107|