CONOLLY, JOHN *
- Born: - Died: -
Builder, of Dublin, active in the 1850s and 1860s. His address is given in the Post Office Dublin Directory for 1853 as 30 Prince's Street North, premises which had formerly been occupied by the builder and architect BENJAMIN EATON. (1) He was no longer in business by 1874.(2) Conolly, whose name is also spelt Connolly in the directories, may be the John Connolly who was admitted to the Royal Dublin Society's School of Drawing in Architecture on 17 May 1832.(3)
(1) Pettigrew & Oulton's Dublin Almanac 1847.
(2) Post Office Directory 1874.
(3) MS transcript from Royal Dublin Society minutes of School of Architectural Drawing admissions and prizewinners, in IAA.
2 work entries listed in chronological order for CONOLLY, JOHN *
|Building:||CO. ROSCOMMON, DONAMON CASTLE|
|Nature:||Additions & improvements exceeding £20,000, executed by JC for St George Francis Caulfield.|
|Refs:||Undated press cutting from a Roscommon newspaper in ? album.|
|Building:||CO. ROSCOMMON, KILRONAN CASTLE|
|Nature:||JC engaged to execute proposed extensive additions for Edward King Tenison (did work actually take place?)|
|Refs:||Undated press cutting from a Roscommon newspaper from ? album|