Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Carpenter and builder, of Dublin, active from the 1830s until the 1850s. Thomas Connor is described as 'carpenter and builder to the University' in the directories from 1837 to 1844. Tradesmen's bills in the muniments of Trinity College record regular quarterly payments to him between 1836 and 1852.(1) He appears to have had a son of the same name, as in Pettigrew and Oulton's directory for 1847 a Thomas Connor, jun, carpenter and builder, is listed at his former address at 17 South Cumberland Street.

Addresses: 17 South Cumberland Street and 23 Park Street East, 1830-1839; 17 South Cumberland Street, 1841; 17 South Cumberland Street and College Lane, 1844; 39 Westland Row and College Lane (timber yard), 1847-1853; 1 College Lane, 1857.



References

All information in this entry is from Wilson's, Post Office and Pettigrew & Oulton's directories.

(1) Trinity College muniments, MUN/P/2/265, 267, 286, 294, 296, 298, 300, 305, 308, 311, 316, 318, 320.