Dictionary of Irish Architects 1720 - 1940

Architect, of Main Street, Bailieborough, Co. Cavan. In 1926 Coleman designed an extension to Bailieborough parish church and improvements to the parochial hall as well as a new wing for the masonic hall.(1)  Possibly the same person as the James Coleman of Bailieborough (born circa 1852) who is recorded as an assistant county surveyor for Co. Cavan, living in Bailieborough, in the 1901 and 1911 censuses of Ireland.



References



(1) IB 68, 17 Apr,15 May 1926, 313,394.


3 work entries listed in chronological order for COLEMAN, J. [2]


Sort by date | Sort alphabetically


Building: CO. CAVAN, BAILIEBOROUGH, MASONIC HALL
Date: 1926
Nature: New wing.
Refs: IB 68, 17 Apr 1926, 313;  Kevin V. Mulligan, The Buildings of Ireland: South Ulster (2013), 150.

Building: CO. CAVAN, BAILIEBOROUGH, PAROCHIAL HALL
Date: 1926
Nature: Improvements.
Refs: IB 68, 15 May 1926, 394

Building: CO. CAVAN, BAILIEBOROUGH, CHURCH OF ST COLUMBA (CI, BAILIEBOROUGH ALIAS MOYBOLOGUE PARISH)
Date: 1926
Nature: Extension.
Refs: IB 68, 15 May 1926, 394